Haha just some random updates on life first :P
Whoops shouldn’t have ponned Bio O practical session yesterday. Didn’t know they were doing on mussel dissection. Gahhhhh I feel bad. But well, I had other things to do. I guess I will make it up another time? (if theres a chance that is)
Im wondering, should I apply for LMS? But anyway, yay school has given me a job. Hello 7th year of travelling to NUSHS :P?
Felt like… well yeah… lets talk about life today:)
Life is unfair. Fact. This has something I have always been painfully conscious about since I was a kid. I started off as a slow learner as a kid. Basically, my reading and writing abilities were below that of the average primary school kid, and somehow, I was never able to grasp simple concepts as quickly as other kids would. I always spelt ‘toe’ as ‘two’ and ‘lion’ as ‘loin’. In fact, it was a running joke in my family for quite a while that I thought NTUC sold lion meat. I also hated math. I always had problems with addition and subtraction and took a really long time to figure out how the multiplication table worked. (Before you ask how I ended up in NUS high, just saying, I went there for the science and not the math). Sports were not my forte either. My motor skills were all jumbled up. Even though no one explicitly said it, the sensitive side of me always felt like I was an idiot. I always asked myself, why was life so unfair? Why was everyone else smarter and more talented than me?
But as I grew older, I started to realize that there was actually value in all these experiences. Because I was a slow learner, I learnt discipline. Throughout secondary school, I began to develop the habit of reviewing and redoing my notes. Especially for math, my files were always thicker than others simply because I redid all my tutorials two to three times just to get the concepts right. I also developed a pretty good memory (at least I think so myself) from painfully memorizing all the words for spelling. This later led to my (self proclaimed) little talent in bio, a subject which I enjoy very much. Well, I am still sore sometimes that I have to work harder than others in order to achieve the same grades (and just to add, I still do badly in aptitude tests despite studying a little for them unlike most others who don’t study and score well), but at least I can say most of the time that I have tried and given my best when I get my results back.
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.” James 1:2-3
This is just one of the many stories of how God has developed me through various trials. Being a Christian for me has never been smooth sailing. But every time I meet new challenges, I can thank God that when I get through them, I would have learnt new things and triumphed.
No comments:
Post a Comment