Monday, October 24, 2011
Random ramblings 2- At cross roads once again
Well, I guess I have been really inspired to write recently just to document how I’m feeling over the last few days of high school. Jay Chou emotes his songs really well. 1 event down, 2 more major events to go. Today’s FA was really one of the best I have seen so far. Having been at most of the rehearsals watching all the performers, I feel that they have really put in loads of effort and that they really deserve every bit of praise they are getting. sang the school song with gusto and out of tune for the last time too. Oh wait there’s probably another time during convo. But anyways…
In a few months or even less, we are all going to leave this school. Everyone has different talents, different routes, different life plans and careers to make. Soon those we will start drifting apart from those we were never close to and begin making effort to keep in contact with those whom matter to us. Soon, we will start making new friends and leading new lives. We will explore new campuses, new countries (for some) and new careers. Maybe, even the way we speak and behave, the way we dress and view life will all change too.
University Applications. These two big words seem to be standing out in front of everyone at the moment. Choosing a university seems so different from choosing a secondary school as most of us did six years ago. I decided my choice of school by a flip of a coin. This time though, I have found myself spending time trawling websites and researching up on schools. Perhaps, it’s because I have found my passion in what I want to do. Or maybe it could have just been peer pressure since everyone’s doing the same as well. As of now, I am really not sure. But certainly, university applications seem much more serious. The rest of my life could very well depend on which university and the course I get into.
For me, passion has always spoken louder than any words or action. Being a person who is rather straight forward, I find it hard to conceal my excitement and enthusiasm on things I really love. I’m a rational thinker most of the time, but I guess, I want to follow my heart just this once. Maybe that’s why I’m also afraid of not getting into the course I want.
Dear God, is what I want what you want for me as well?
Many things to think about…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment